Subject: Win NT ENV var
Author:  Jay Quadri <jay@cnmags.condenast.co.uk> at smtp
Date:    7/3/96 9:25 PM

Greetings

Can you help, I called the script below in a unix server, it works perfectly.

Hoewever, when I do the same on NT 3.51 runing MS Internet server I dont get any
result instead I get a
downloaded  sript on my browser, from the dos promt doing perl.exe scriptfile.pl
produces the string ('The
server software is:'....) and not the values.

I have already done the neccassary thing like associating pl with perl.exe in
the registory.
There some thingelse I need to do inorder to get the environmental variables?

PS. Do you know of a working search engine for windows NT 3.51, I am using MS
Internet server.
If you don't I will have to write one. I already know about ews.

Please mail me directly at jay@cnmags.condenast.co.uk

#!./inetsrv/scripts/perlnt/perl5/perl

require 'c:/inetsrv/scripts/perlnt/perl5/Lib/find.pl';

unshift(@INC, 'C:/Inetsrv/scripts/perlnt/perl5/Lib');

%list = ('SERVER_SOFTWARE', 'The server software is:',
'SERVER_NAME',              'The server hostname, DNS alias, or IP address is:',
'GATEWAY_INTERFACE',   'The CGI spec revision is',
'SERVER_PROTOCOL',     'The Name and revision of info protocol is',
'DOCUMENT_ROOT',   'The document  root directory is:',
'QUERY_STRING',  'THE query string is (form get):',
'REMOTE_HOST',  'The hostname making the request is',
'REMOTE_ADDR',  'THE IP Address of the remote user is:',
'AUTH_TYPE',    'The authentication user method is',
'REMOTE_USER',   'the authentication user is',
'REMOTE_IDENT',    'The remote user is (RFC 931)',
'CONTENT_TYPE',   'The content type of the data is (POST PUT):',
'CONTENT_LENGHT',   'The the lenght of the Content is','HTTP_ACCEPT',   'The
MIME type that the client will
accept are',
'HTTP_USER_AGENT',   'The browser of the client is',
'HTTP_REFERER',   'The URL of the referer is:',$ENV{'SCRIPT_NAME'},  'The script
name is');print "Content-type:
text/html";print "\n\n";print "<html>", "\n";
print "<head><title>Sleepmeter Results</Title>";
print "</head><body>";
print "<h3>Results:</h3>";
print "CGI";while (($env_var, $info) = each %list)  {print $info, "<B>",
$ENV{$env_var}, "</B>", "<P>", "\n";}
   print "\n\n";

print "</body></html>";
exit (0);print (@INC);